Saturday 10 December 2011

Swansea Season 3 Review - Great Wall of Swansea

I am back and I can finally continue on the review of Season 3. Swansea's exploits in the league has surpassed everyone's expectations and I am extremely excited to get on with the next season especially when we can finally play in the Champions League!

 Swansea is the best overachiever for this season!

Great Wall of Swansea
For the past 2 seasons, Swansea had always been proud of its stalwart defense. This season it is no different and it has even taken its performance up to greater heights. The Great Wall of Swansea has managed to achieved a spectacular result of 19 clean sheets in all competitions and 15 Man-of-Match awards for its defense personnel. It is also among the 5th least goals conceded in the league!

Squad Performance


Best GoalKeeper - David Ospina - Kept 15 Clean Sheets in All Competitions.
Best Striker - Alberto Bueno - Achieved the most Goals, Assists and MOM awards among strikers
Best Midfielder - Karel Pitak - Contributed the most Assists
Best Defender - Ryan Shawcross - Achieving consistent and highest average ratings in the squad

Team Stats
 In this season, Swansea has managed to improve both on reducing the goals conceded and increasing the number of goals scored! Comparing with the 1st season's stats, this is a great achievement!

Conclusion
With the first team performing at a steady and decent level and also the our first entry into Champions League, I will be looking to build up our youngsters to include more "homegrown" players in the squad for our next transfer season. I will also be looking into the possibility of getting a more consistent and reliable striker.

Where else do you think we should strengthen? Do you have any good recommendations let me know your views! :)  

4 comments:

  1. I noticed that your left winger doesn't contribute much assists. Maybe you could buy someone for the left wing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. please buy some star players :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rashki

    I had bought a new gifted youngster for the left wing. Hope that he can blend well and improve to be an important part of the team in the future.

    @Timo

    I had done most of my shopping already but had not had the time to write-up a post about it. I still have some money on the bank. Planning to save it for the january window in case I needed some transfers but I can use it to buy 1 star if needed.

    I am still thinking of looking for a star striker. Do you have anyone in mind? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @RedHazard i havent play fm 2012 so i cant recommend you anyone.. still waiting for my new labtop to arrive :( but my friend told me that a striker named darwin quintero is a goaleatingmonster.. he scored 25++ goals in half season.. you can check him out though ;)

      hope you have a good break/holiday..

      P.S: OMG ZLATANN!!! hehe

      Delete