Tuesday 25 October 2011

Swansea Winter Transfer - Season 1

 

In this winter season, I have splashed the cash and utilized the whole transfer budget in an attempt to reverse Swansea's downfall in form.  My priority for this transfer window is to get good quality upfront and I am pleased to say I have made a good deal so far. Here are the INs and OUTs of this winter transfer window.



OUTs

Lita Leroy (Striker)


Lita was sent on loan with a view for a permanent move for 1.8 million pounds. Although he contributed 3 goals to Swansea's cause, I need to get someone off my wage books to free out wage budgets to bring in strikers of better quality.

Garry Monk (DC)

The ex-Swansea captain failed to force his way back into the first team ever since he had recovered from his injury. Especially so in the beginning, due to the initial stellar form of Matteo Ferrari. When Matteo had gone through a bad form, Garry failed to impress as an adequate cover.

INs

Alberto Bueno (Striker/AMC)




Alberto Bueno is brought in as a natural scorer of goals. Good pace (16), flair (16) and technique (16) attributes will allow me to use him in a flexible manner as either a poacher, advance forward or a trequartista. Alberto has already starting to repay my faith in him by contributing 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 games, including a debut goal! Comparing to Lita who only scores 3 goals in half a season, Alberto looks like a bargain already!

Lucas Viatri (Striker)



Lucas Viatri is brought in for 1 sole purpose, air support. Standing tall at a height of 1.85 meters with good jumping (15) and heading (15) attributes, he will provide the air power that Swansea is seriously lacking upfront. Just like Alberto, Lucas has started to impress with a goal in his debut match.

Arne Friedrich (DC / DR)




 

Available on a free transfer, this pacy defender is a great marker who doesn't let many opponents slip past him due to his high marking (17) and positioning (17) abilities. He is signed to provide competition to Matteo Ferrari, Ashley Williams and Stephen Kelly. Unfortunately, He hasn't blended well in the squad yet having gotten an average rating of 6.40 for the past 3 games played. Being the highest earner in the squad, I would expect him to live up to my expectations.

With these new signings, I now look forward to better Swansea's position in the league. Wish me luck =)

2 comments:

  1. Hey man can you post your starting 11!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure. I will do that in my next post on Season 1 Review. Stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete