Sunday 30 October 2011

Great Swansea Sale!

Welcome to the great Swansea sale where players are sold at knockdown prices! There has been a revolution at Swansea this season with many players leaving and joining the Welsh team. The new season started with board inquiring about my expectations for Swansea this season. After considering the success of the 1st season and amount of transfer budget involved, I decided that Swansea should at least compete for a respectable position in the league this year.


The transfer season had been fraught with difficulties with many of my preferred targets unable to qualify for work permits. One of them had been Alejandro Faurlin from Q.P.R. Alejandro has impressed me last season even though Q.P.R. had relegated. Since Q.P.R is an English team, I am not sure why do I still fail in getting another work permit for him.

Still, I believed that I had made a headway in this transfer season and it will serve us for the better going forward. The target of this season is to invest heavily in the weak midfield and start to build squad strength for league championship. So without further ado, lets look at the INs and OUTs of the season!

Players OUT

Many players were shown out of the door this season as Swansea prepares her quest to become league champions by the 5th season. The most prominent player would be Ferrie Bodde. Despite impressing in the 1st season, Ferrie Bodde is deemed surplus to the requirements because he has already hit the age of 30 and is in the last year of his contract. I figured it would be good to get him for 2 mil this season and free up some cash for transfers. :)

Players IN



 

Chris McCann [DM,M(LC)]
A hardworking player who is also an adept passer and tackler, Chris Mahon is the first signing to improve inferior midfield.

Luciano Leguizamon [Striker]
Luciano's natural position is that of a striker. While Swansea has enough strikers at the moment, I am impressed by Luciano's highly technical skills and Swansea is in need of a highly technical player to take set pieces. Additionally, I think he can be retrained as a attacking midfielder provide additional vision on the field.

Guillermo Burdisso (DC)
Swansea's defense has always been guilty of poor passing. Guillermo is signed to rectify this weak spot and also to provide better air defense with his superior jumping skills.

Sven Kums [MC,AMC]
 With the departure of Jordi Gomez, Swansea is in need of a new playmaker. Sven Kums is a hardworking and creative passer. With this signing, I hope he can become Swansea's David Silva! :)

Diego Biseswar [AML,AMC]
 Available on a free transfer, Diego Biseswar is signed to improved the quality on the left wing without having to break the bank!


Karel Pitak [AMR]

Karel Pitak may be old but he does look very capable. With Wayne Routledge disappointing on the right wing last season, I hope Karel Pitak will be able to provide adequate cover and competition for Wayne.


Modeste M'bami [DMC, MC]
 Another signing for strengthening the midfield. Modeste M'bami is hardworking ball-winner that will be very useful getting the ball starting counterattacks.

Jay Spearing [DMC, MC] - LOAN
  Fans of Liverpool will be very familiar with this talented youngster. Fresh from the Liverpool academy, Jay Spearing was signed on a loan with option to buy as a backup to the first team midfielders.

After all these signings, I still have 14 mil in the transfer budget. I am glad I am able to make great signings without breaking the bank this season. What do you think of my signings, my dear readers? Don't be shy and let me know your views! :) 

2 comments:

  1. great signings! I hope tat they will bring Swansea up this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that you like it. It pleases me to know there are actually people who follow my journey :)

    ReplyDelete