Thursday 3 November 2011

A Defense Crisis

The pre-season had gone relatively well and the new signings seem to be to blending in nicely. Among the 3 major-team friendlies that I have planned, Swansea has managed to trounced both HSV and Ajax and only losing to PSV in the whole pre-season.
However, I am concerned by how Swansea hadn't managed to kill off easy games with Hull or Shamrock Rovers.
  
With the good form of the friendlies, I started off the season with anticipation! 
The first 6 matches of the premier league kicked off with mixed results. First off, I am pleased with the defensive record of Swansea having only conceded 5 goals and the attacking leadership of scoring 7 goals in 6 league matches. As I have said in the 1st season review, I am aiming to have a positive goal difference this season. However, I am now under extreme stressed as I am under an injured cum suspension crisis.

I think that the ill-discipline of my squad is because of their inability to keep up with top-notch performances from in-form Arsenal. This is something I would have to take note and improve upon to achieve my long-term goal of becoming league champions and winning the champions league.

Swansea was unable to cope with the great interception abilities of Arsenal and our horrid passing rate of the defense line had once again put the whole squad under pressure. The only saving point of the match is the explosive form of our goalkeeper, Michael Vorm. It is only through his instinctive reflexes that we are kept to the minimum conceded goals to 1. ( Michael Vorm's Factsheet )

The next 3 matches against Wigan, Everton and Newcastle will be decisive as I might have to play players out of position to cover for the defensive line.

No comments:

Post a Comment