Wednesday 9 November 2011

Swansea Season 2 Review

Season 2 is finally over! It has been a hell of a season for Swansea but nonetheless a very exciting season as a whole. Man United was crowned champions just over goal difference and the big 4 monopoly is finally broken with Man City, Tottenham and Everton all in Champions League! I am sure the next season will be even more exciting!
I had a close shave and nearly lost my job as head coach due to me unable to meet my own expectations of a respectable position.

Luckily, I had managed to reach the semi-finals of the league cup and the board decides that I should be given another chance :)

Swansea had performed below my expectations this season but there are still some positives in the season. Lets take a look at how the squad fare during this season.
Looking at the poor averages you know that Swansea had performed really badly. 1 thing to take note of is that Guillermo Burdisso is the 2nd highest scorer in this season! This is also partly due to the excellent set piece techniques of Luciano Leguizamon and Karel Pitak! ( their factsheets can be found in the season 2 transfer post )


My Player of the Season
He shoots, he scores and he can provide assists. The player of the season is once again Alberto Bueno! This all rounded player is really the key player of Swansea. And he performs well in training too! Take a look at his improved stats since last season. ( His old stats can be found here )

 Alberto Bueno

My Signing of the Season
Both Chris MaCann and Guillermo Burdisso had performed pretty well this season and I am torned from choosing between the 2. But I have decided to award the signing of the season to Burdisso because he not only kept the defence respectable he scores goals as well. :)

Special Mention

Luke Pugh
Luke Pugh is a promising youngster from Swansea's academy! I am trying to train him to replace Stephen Kelly. Having given him his debut against Liverpool, he managed to get a respectable rating of 6.70 in that game. Stay tuned to my blog to find out if he is going to be successful in the coming seasons!

For the past 2 seasons, I had only made very mediocre signings due to the low reputation and the overall poor quality of squad strength of the club. With a team now capable of staying in the league, this season I am going to start making star signings to improve on the club and fight for better position in the league!

Europe is now starting to take notice of Swansea now. I didnt know Swansea is so popular in Germany. Needless to say I accepted the invitation!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment