Sunday 6 November 2011

The Fall of a Hero

Since my previous post, Swansea had not been performing well in the league. A weakened defense caused us to suffer the first major mauling of the season by Everton. We recovered pretty well after having held Man United and won Chelsea at home. I had thought its gonna be start of brand new era. But I was wrong. We were unable to apply the killing edge on weaker teams like Middlesbrough and our fierce rivals Cardiff and we paid the price dearly.
 
For the last 5 games, we were really horrendous conceding a total of 14 goals in 5 games. The main culprit is the previous hero, Michael Vorm. His worst performance was from the Man City match where he made 2 major mistakes which led to goals and I had him substituted in the 11th minute. Don't get me wrong, Michael Vorm is a great keeper who makes instinctive saves from time to time but he is too inconsistent and his positioning is really poor. Now we are languishing a lowly position of 13th. While not relegation threatened yet, it is far from my target position of 10th for this season.

For those of you that wondered Everton's amazing position, don't be. Everton got to such a great start for this season because they had been bought over by oil-rich sugardaddies and their major signing for this season is Carlos Tevez!!!!

Now that transfer window is opened again, I hope to make some changes to my squad to salvage the situation.

P.S. I am too lazy to keep writing as I am eager to get back into the game and see if I can do a turnaround. If anyone wants some detailed information on any of the matches, please leave a comment :)

1 comment:

  1. hi there,

    i enjoyed your swansea journey so far. keep it up!! =) u should post major transfer that happens during your journey.. it would be interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete