Sunday 23 October 2011

Swansea Journey!

FM 2012 is finally here! It's great to get underway.

I am a Chinese and I had first started playing FM since the 2010 season. I wasn't really interested in football then but once I started playing FM, I was hooked on the splendors of the beautiful game. So please forgive me if I do not know much about the real football world since my interest started only about 2 years back.

Inspired by True Football Manager, I too would like to share like my FM stories in an Asian perspective. This season I have decided to manage Swansea FC aka The Swans.

According to Wikipedia:

Swansea are one of only two Welsh clubs to have competed in the top flight of English football, and the only one to have played in Premier League being the 45th different club to participate in the competition since its inception in 1992.

The club information are as follows:



There are several points we can consider when we look at Swansea's factsheet.

  1. Swansea's rivals are Cardiff, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers. These are all Championship clubs so I can breathe slightly easier since I find derbies are much harder to get a good result.

  2. The club's finances are listed as OK which probably means I cant expect a big transfer kitty.

  3. The media predicted us to be at the 19th position at the end of the season. Clearly, they expect us to relegate but I would hope to prove them wrong!


With this information on hand, I would need now to look at the club's finances.



Even with the 3.4 million worth of revenue, the club still has a deficit of 5.4 million. While not very serious, it is definitely on the road to destruction if something is not done. I properly have to keep my transfers very tight and sell a few players in order not to worsen the condition. Hopefully, my team does not require much strengthening though I doubt it.

After examining the teamsheet, I confirmed that Swansea is a really weak team. In fact, most of them are only good enough for the Championship based on their stats. I will probably revamped the whole team by the end of my 4th season, provided that I am still in the league. Still, Swansea has some decent players and I will like to highlight some of them.

Best Players



Definitely the best defender in the original squad. An all round defender with good pace and tackling skills. He will be my main header in attacking set pieces.



A winger with good pace. I think he will make a good winger for running the line and feeding crosses at the final end.



Vice-Captain and a good abeit slow defender. He has good attributes that will make him an option as an anchorman in the midfield.



The best player in squad but unfortunately sidelined for 4 months! I will have to search for a replacement to make up for the loss of his quality.

Having examined the teamsheet, I have decided to set my target for the season to avoid relegation.



In my next post, I will look into the transfers on how to strengthen the squad. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment