Sunday 23 October 2011

Swansea Transfers - Season 1

My examination of the teamsheet revealed many weaknesses in the squad. I think by the 4th season I will have the whole squad overhauled. Despite having a weak squad, I find it difficult to attract talent due to the poor reputation of the club and thus, I had made only a few transfers. I did made a few transfers and hopefully they will help me to tide over till the winter window or till the next season when more better talent are available.

Here are the INs and OUTs of the summer 2011 window.



Having sold more than I buy, I managed to wipe out the club's deficits! Who needs sugardaddy owners when they have me =)

Here is the new balance sheet figures after the transfer activities =)



I am glad to say that I had managed to make some decent signings without breaking the bank.

Transfers



I think he has to be best the signing of the summer window. Available for free, this experienced and technically skilled defender is brought in to replace captain Garry Monk who is injured. Just based on the stats alone, I think Garry won't have much of a chance forcing back to the first team when he is back from injury.



A skillful utility player who can play at all positions in the opposite half! I bought him in both as a decent passer and a striker with a good finishing attribute. Most of my strikers only have less than 14 for finishing.



The major signing of the window. Stephen Kelly is brought in as a direct replacement for Angel Rangel. Having bought him for 1.5mil pounds, with much more superior physical and defensive stats than Angel who is sold at 2.2 mil; I believe I had made a great deal!

Loan



With Swansea seriously lacking in the creativity department, Gomez is signed on loan from Wigan to put some flair into the squad. Since his contract ends next year, I hope to loan him then sign him for free next year =)

What do you think of my transfers? Let me know your views! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment